Monday, March 14, 2011

When I started working part-time last year, someone gave me an really useful tip.

"Don't Listen to whatever ******* says, she makes things up."

True to the tip, this co-worker of mine started inventing the weirdest rules that she tell others (and made it sound really convincing!) stuff like what to wear BEFORE the job, stuff we are allowed or not allowed to do and telling us that there are people monitoring us and reporting if our uniforms are not neat. I seriously believed she was paranoid by then. But by then, I started wondering why did she do that.

Another colleague laughed and asked me, "Why do you think she had not been promoted for SIX years?" I paused at that. Working for 6 years and not getting promoted? Thats sad. But I could not help but felt annoyed as I watched her spread her... "knowledge" to the newbies today.

Then the manager came up to one of them and told her the same thing my co-worker told be so long ago. Laugh~!

No comments: