Sunday, February 8, 2009

Orientation: Day 1

I met a few of my Singaporean friends which I had made while enrolling in Singapore. One of them apparently brought a car. Car here are really cheap. You can get a 2nd hand one for like $1,800. However, books are a HORROR! I mean 100 over buck for each book you need is not a joke. Thus I got mine at the 2nd hand book store for about half the price. I went to make my student card and it was like instant! "What is your admin number?", "Go sit there and take a picture." Ok! Now printing and paste a sticker and poof, "here you go!" . You are done in under 5 minutes. Though that was pretty efficient, the card look pixelated and VERY yellowish. And a guy from Bangladesh have moved in. He is a pretty amazing guy and he looks more like an Indonesian. He is taking his major in human rights and was a lawyer back in his country. His family background was pretty sad and he told us he actually wanted to be a doctor but because he wanted to help his people(the minority in Bangladesh), he took up law instead. Pretty noble guy....

That's all for today folks~!

No comments: