Friday, February 13, 2009

Orientation: Day 5

Today was an extremely fun but long and tiring day. Well let’s start from the morning when we took a bus to town. Bus here run on schedules and you will need your bus timetable or you might have a long wait. They will arrive before allocated time and leave EXACTLY on the dot. Anyway, we boarded the bus and the bus seemed keep moving around private estates and we spotted some of the bus stops were simply these sticks with numbers telling you the what buses arrive here on the ground!! We then had lunch at Chinatown. There was a rather well-known little shop that was selling Hong Kong Duck Rice. It was very delicious.

I think throughout the whole trip to the city, the most fascinating thing was a random, high-tech TOILET just by the road. The door had a side panel which open as you touch it and the door itself was like a lift’s door. It was pretty clean and there is even MUSIC when you enter it. I think there was a button to put the toilet seat down too! The funniest thing was that there was a sign that says that there was a 10 minute time limit per use… I wonder what will happen if you over exceed the time… LOL! Anyway, while this bunch of “swau-ku” Singaporeans were fascinated by the toilet, the Australians were pretty much staring at us….

Next we went to a factory outlet where they sell Adias, Nike, Billabongs and more a cheap prices. I had gotten myself a pretty decent Roxy windbreaker for $69. Then we went to one of my friend’s house to exchange some movies and drama. Though his rent was much more expensive, it was a really beautiful apartment. We also met his mum, auntie and room mate.

Later at night, we had a housing party for people staying at Kurrajong Village. We met many international friends, which I unfortunately don’t remember half the names. I had fun playing beach volleyball which I am really bad at since I keep missing the ball and sinking into the sand. And I also chat with many people including people from Germany, U.S, Australians, and more. Oh well, of course there some people (mainly Australians) who keep “tao-ing” us… but mostly they are pretty friendly.

No comments: